Friday, August 16, 2013

Musafir hoon yaaron..

Marimba, regardless of all the effort u take in teaching me about punctuality, i HATE you! Not to mention that i secretly admire myself for being punctual, i STILL hate you. I am talking to my alarm tone and folks, & I know half your stories sing the same tune. So yeah, its 20 past 4 on a Friday morning and marimba is all set to torture me like always, but for a good reason. I am going to GOA. Goa has always been a special place to me, for obvious reasons :P. It was Raj and I this time, travelling to Goa. We were supposed to board a train to Hubli at 6 and so here we are the railway station, eagerly staring at the train and at our co passengers on platform 10 at Bangalore City Railway Station. Wait! Wtf ?? What the fuck are we doing sitting in a Davanagere bus at 10 mins to 7 in the morning? Mother of god! Did we miss our train??

'Macha even i cant sleep while travelling' said Raj. Yeah the same guy who has annoyingly fallen over me and sleeping away to glory. I have lost half the enthusiasm i had, while i left home, and I don't seem to know why. May be because its happening too fast. Quick decision, quick action, less planning and no sleep at all. But still a smile(beautiful?) makes a way for itself on my face as I approach nearer and nearer to Goa. Its a dream destination, a paradise to many, & for me, I have always felt content in that city. May be because I found love? Not sure! Goa has always been welcoming me as if I am hers. Oh the warmth! There was once a long conflict between Bangalore and Goa for a larger portion in my heart, of course Bangalore won and will win all the time but I should say it was a tough competition. Anyway, so yea here I am, travelling with all the hope in the world to kick all my frustration's and irritation's ass. Still a long way to go, & a long venture to look out for..

A lot people on street celebrating the festival I see. I have always loved EID as I would always go to Zeeshan Bhai's place on this day to hog the most delicious biryani and other delicacies. Oh yes, Nabeel, Eid Mubarak bhai! Stfu and get us biryani on monday. Nabeel is my colleague btw. Guys, finally reached Davanagere. A dreadful place and a night mare for three of my colleagues who met with a deadly accident while on their way to Goa. It was bad! The sight of my colleagues in the hospital chilled our bones. Yet i have always admired the courage they displayed on fighting out the pain and the wounds. Specially happy for one gal who made it to Goa later and returned home safe :) no offence sweetheart :) A little excited I am to have davanagere benne dose in Davanagere.. First time u see! It was always bangalore's version of davanagere benne dose.. 

Guys, there's no cheating! Bangalore's version of benne dose is as good as davanagere's! So good news! Will depart to Hubli in a while and would like to take a moment to thank nabeel, my buddy, for introducing me to Vicky, a native of Davanagere, a gem of a guy, and a pleasant acquaintance i should say. Its a pleasant weather out here, but with little humidity. A small town, helpful people, streets full of benne doses, less traffic and bumpy roads. Looks like we have more craters here than our natural satellite. Boarded our own kempu dabba bus (Davanagere's Volvos) and are storming through the dust. Hope this trip to Hubli has some surprises in store for us.

Did i say we are awaiting surprises!! Well folks, we did receive! A lot!! First- getting onto a non stop bus which discretely had 4 fucking stops :P  Second- we missed our bus to Belgaum. Third- we luckily boarded the missed bus (Filmy style miracle). Fourth- reached Belgaum by 7 PM, so only 3 hrs away to our much awaited destination. Fifth- no buses to Goa till 11 pm. Phewww.. Now that's a handful don u think?? We desperately needed alcohol to sink in all the surprises. Well, Sixth- all bars/pubs/discs etc closed on account of Eid. So here we are at Belgaum bus stand waiting for our 11th hour bus to arrive and take us to wherever!! Nevertheless, Belgaum aint all that bad guys. Nice cold weather, warm but harsh people, and blah blah.. I had never witnessed so many govt buses and passengers on a single day. Well still high on hopes for a brighter Saturday. Well for now, for this Friday, on the night of Eid, all i want is to just go home and have a good night's sleep. And ms. Saturday, i still love you cuz i know u aint a bitch.
It was 3 30 am by the time we reached Goa. We took precisely 21 hours to travel a distance of 636 kms and took four different buses. Insane? Yea we were. But common, what the hell guys!.. it was an awesome experience..4 different buses, no common passangers, 4 different slangs of Kannada, 4 types of authentic attires, 4 types of climate, so on and so fourth. Hmm.. Well.. Hmmm... Yea yea its a fuckall thing to try. Kindly take one direct bus if the destination is Goa. Vru's mom opened the door for us at 4 am and warmly welcomed us and within 10 mins we were lying flat on the bed, supposedly taking rest after a long tiring and a little more long journey. A chill passed through me as I wondered about all the awesome stuff I am about to go through when I wake up and that stopped me from sleeping for a longer time.. JUST KIDDING.. I blacked-out precisely two mins after I hit the sack :D :)


No comments:

Post a Comment